Clearing My Mind

If I don't let it out I'm just gonna scream!!!!!

Light Chocolate V.S. Dark Chocolate




This has been on my mind for many years. Does it look bad on my part that I'm mostly attracted to lightskinned girl. It's not something I think i can even control. I've been attracted to lightskinned girls for as long as i can remember. My first crush when I was just seven was lightskin and most of the girls I've liked or gone out with have been lightskinned. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Darkskinned girls are ugly cause there have been a few darkskinned girls that I've liked through the ages but I constantly find myself instantly attracted to a girl whose lightskinned. Well it could be worse, I could be only attracted to white girls. I think this is a male psychological thing. If I remember anything from Psych class, men look in for in partners genes that they wish to pass on to their offspring, while women look for security hence why men care more about looks than women. So what do y'all think

2 comments:

I think that it is not your fault that you have been brainwashed by the dominant society. Media, peers, and outside influences have all conditioned you to be more attracted to someone of a lighter skin color just as the same has been done to me and my desire to be skinny. If your last point about it being psychological is indeed true, then it is sad that skin color(light or dark) is something of importance to someone when thinking about traits for their offspring, whether it is conscious or not.

You're missing out on a lot.

I appreciate your honesty; interesting thought, Ed.

 

i totally disagree with the person above me. not saying she's wrong, i just have a different opinion.

while the media does somewhat influence people's judgement i don't think the media can fully influence a person. a person's preference is something that is with them from birth, in my opinion anyway. your preference may evolve and become stronger but it wont change just because the media says that its wrong. so if your preference is light skinned girls theres nothing wrong with that. and i'm not just saying this because i'm light skinned..lol.

 

Post a Comment