Clearing My Mind

If I don't let it out I'm just gonna scream!!!!!

New Passion......Ultimate Betrayal

When it comes to music I listen to just about everything with a preference to one genre over the other but just this summer I started listening to more and more latin music, specifically Reggaeton and Bachata. I've been listening to Reggaeton for some time now but my appeciation for Bachata is somewhat new....I found it so amazing....because of it I was introduced to a band duo called Xtreme and started listening to more Aventura. Of all the Aventura songs I've listened to, there's one that seems to catch my attention more than the others. The song is called "Ella Y Yo" and basically in the song Don Omar is talking to his friend played by Romeo from Aventura and he's confessing how he's having an affair with some dudes wife. The whole time Romeo is talking about how his life with his wife is perfect and how Don Omar should still persue this girl because apparently her husband doesn't hold her heart anymore...The whole time Don Omar is telling Romeo that he doesn't know who this dude is or understand the situation but Romeo still keeps convincing him to follow his heart, then finally Don Omar admits that the person that he's been having an affair with is Romeo's wife and asks him for forgiveness because it's killing him that he gave into temptation and betrayed his friend. Romeo refuses to forgive him and says that he lost two people in his life that night and says goodbye to him forever.personally I love this song but am disgusted by what happened in the song. I'm like...."how could he betray his friend like that and sleep with his wife". I think why this song gets to me is because of I've lived a situation similar to this on more than one occasion. It just urks me how someone could be betrayed like that by the person/people he cares about....

0 comments:

Post a Comment